AbMole Molarity Calculator Calculate the mass, volume or concentration required for a solution
The AbMole molarity calculator is based on the following equation:
Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) x Volume (L) x Molecular Weight (g/mol)
*When preparing stock solutions, please always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the vial label and MSDS / COA (available on product pages).
The AbMole molarity calculator is a useful tool which allows you to calculate the:
- mass of a compound required to prepare a solution of known volume and concentration
- volume of solution required to dissolve a compound of known mass to a desired concentration
- concentration of a solution resulting from a known mass of compound in a specific volume
An example of a molarity calculation using the AbMole molarity calculator
What is the mass of compound required to make a 10 mM stock solution in 10 ml of water given
that the molecular weight of the compound is 197.13 g/mol?
- Enter 197.13 into the Molecular Weight (MW) box
- Enter 10 into the Concentration box and select the correct unit (millimolar)
- Enter 10 into the Volume box and select the correct unit (milliliter)
- Press Calculate button
- The answer of 19.713 mg appears in the Mass box